Monday, October 22, 2012

The Way Overdue Update... with Saber Figures


I haven't posted anything here for quite a long time. I'm not going to make excuses on why I wasn't able to update this blog for eight months. I'll just try my best to update this blog as often as I can. After all, I can't post everything in my Tumblr account considering that I prefer to post pictures there rather than blog about things.

If there's anything major or new that I'd like to share about my life right now, it's that I've probably taken figure collecting up several notches. While I've been collecting figures of my favorite cartoon/game/anime characters since my childhood days, the hobby probably worsened at this point when my age is about to disappear from the calendar. For instance, there's this:



I initially liked Rin Tohsaka when I first watched Fate/Stay Night, but because of Fate/Zero, I shifted to Saber. My first Saber figure is the Max Factory figma #126 Saber Zero ver., which I ordered around the last week of May 2012 and got a few weeks later in June. On the same day that I got her, I also got Max Factory figma #003 Fate/Stay Night Saber, which is an anniversary gift from my fiancĂ©. The collection eventually grew, and I think it will continue to grow until I get my "holy grail" of Saber figures (so far).

A mini Gilgamesh shrine will most likely follow. The one I'm anticipating the most is MegaHouse's figure. So far, there are pre-orders for Rider and I thought the figure is reeking testosterone and tons of manliness just by looking at the pictures. :p

I'm trying to ignore other attractive figures just to buy all the Sabers I could ever want. Arthuria is my favorite, so I have more figures of that Saber than Fate/Extra's Saber Nero. However, I couldn't resist Nero's facial expression here:



That's Wave Beach Queens 1/10 Saber Fate/EXTRA Ver. It also happens to be my first ever Beach Queens figure and my second Saber Nero figure, and if I'll ever get a third one, it's either the figma or Gift's scale figure. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment