Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Unboxing Wave Beach Queens Saber Fate/EXTRA ver.

I've probably mentioned this a couple of times before but when it comes to Sabers, I like Arturia more than Nero. However, I was enticed by the facial expression of this Wave Beach Queens 1/10 Saber Fate/EXTRA ver, so I knew I had to buy her, too. I bought her on October 20, 2012.


Still unopened
I got her at a discounted price. She's a 1/10 scale figure.
What you can see on the sides and the back of the box.


This also happens to be my first ever Beach Queens figure. I intended to buy Makise Kurisu first, but I just can't resist Nero. :p

And she's out of the box!
Check out the stand:
I love how it looks like there's sand on it. Very fitting for a figure in a bikini. :p

And finally, she's completely out of the plastic surrounding her:



That ahoge is sharp!


Beyond Saber Nero's pretty face, some of the other things I love about this figure are:
  1. The details
  2. The curves (they became more pronounced under the lighting above my workspace)
  3. The pose
  4. That ahoge (even though the tip is quite sharp)
  5. The design of her bikini
This Wave Beach Queens 1/10 Saber Fate/EXTRA ver. is my second Saber Nero figure. My first one is the SEGA Fate/EXTRA Saber, a prize figure I got from this year's Toy Convention last June. Here is one of her pictures, which I've taken a few months ago:

It's surprisingly well-made despite being a prize figure. I got her at a really affordable price (Php800) and it's not a bootleg, so I was surprised to find out that she costs about 2,000 Yen at an online store, and that her current price at a favorite local figure store is around Php1,800.

No comments:

Post a Comment