Monday, July 29, 2013

My Most Anticipated Nendoroids From The 2013 Summer WonFes

Yesterday (July 28, 2013) was the summer WonFes (Wonder Festival) in Japan, and I'm sure that many avid figure collectors like myself have anticipated that event to see new and upcoming figure releases. I would constantly go online to check out the updates about WonFes and ogle the pictures of the figures, whether they're just prototypes, fully-painted, or just in pictures. Articulated figures like figmas and Nendoroids have always been more attractive for me because I can easily pose them and I find them to be easily exploitable for photoshoots, and during WonFes, quite a lot of new Nendoroids were shown and/or revealed. Here are some of the Nendoroids that I'm planning to get:

Nendoroid Shingeki no Kyojin Colossal Titan (Source: MyFigureCollection)
This is not the first time that Nendoroid Colossal Titan was announced, but it has been my most-anticipated and must-buy figures. However, those two titans (including the "moe"-looking titan) made this Nendoroid more attractive for me, so I really can't wait for pre-orders to begin.

Nendoroid Fate/Extra Saber Extra (click here for the source)

I've been hoping for a Nendoroid Saber Nero to be released, and lo and behold, she was announced last Friday! When pre-orders opened, I immediately signed-up for a slot. This is definitely a must-buy if you're an avid Saber figure collector, a Saber Nero fan, or you simply want to complete the line of Saber Nendoroids. 

Later that day, this next figure was announced and then its prototype was eventually shown off during this year's WonFes:

Nendoroid Saber Alter (click here for the source)

Saber Alter already had a Nendoroid, but it's the Hetare version, so it's really good news that Good Smile Company finally decided to make a good Nendoroid of this dark version of Arturia. Although I'm not a huge fan of Saber Alter, I'll still get this so I can complete the line of Saber Nendoroids.

And then here comes another Saber!

Nendoroid Fate/Extra CCC Saber Bride (click here for the source)

Most of my funds for figures this year will probably go to Good Smile Company because of the sudden influx of Saber Nendoroids. Fate/Extra CCC was released only this March and the game was bundled with a figma Saber Bride, so a Nendoroid Saber Bride is really good news. This is definitely going to be a cutie patootie lil' version of Nero in her bridal get-up.

And I've saved the best for last. Here's my most-anticipated Nendoroid and I really hope they push through in making this and that pre-orders will open this year, too:

Nendoroid Gilgamesh (click here for the source)

Tadaa! It's my most favorite guy and ultimate crush from the Fate series: The King of Heroes, Gilgamesh! FINALLY! He gets a Nendoroid! Thank you, Good Smile Company for making every Gilgamesh fangirl's wish come true. Please don't delay him, okay? :')

No comments:

Post a Comment