Friday, February 7, 2014

Nendoroid Gilgamesh by Good Smile Company

We first heard about Nendoroid Gilgamesh in mid 2013 during Summer WonFes 2013. Back then, we were only shown this teaser:

*insert rabid fangirl scream here* (Source)

Just that mere image made avid Gilgamesh fans excited (including yours truly). I'm surprised that they're actually making a Nendoroid of him when he's one of the villains in Fate/Stay Night. I was even nervous and hoped they'd follow through and actually make one because I expected MegaHouse to finish making the 1/8 Gilgamesh scale figure for their MMS Collection line but now we don't know if it's still going to be continued. Until now, it's still a prototype.

Then last month (January 2014), I checked out the page for Nendoroid Gilgamesh on My Figure Collection and saw this:

Yep, they're already working on him. :) (Source)

Winter WonFes 2014 is on Sunday, February 9, 2014. Kahotan posted a blog entry that talks about the busy atmosphere in their office (Good Smile Company) in preparation for Winter Wonder Festival this year. There were pictures, too, and this is one of them:

Le prototype (Source)
Yep, finally there's a prototype of Nendoroid Gilgamesh! :) I have been waiting for this Nendoroid since last year, so seeing this prototype really made me feel super excited. I can't wait to see actual images of him from  WonFes this Sunday!

I'm sure the release of this Gilgamesh Nendoroid will be timely because there will be a remake of the Fate/Stay Night anime, which will premier in fall 2014. This time, Ufotable is the studio in charge of producing the show. Ufotable also handled Fate/Zero, I'm expecting Fate/Stay Night to be more interesting with better art and a better script.

Apart from Good Smile Company's Nendoroid Fate/Stay Night Gilgamesh, I'm also anticipating Medicom Real Action Heroes #655 Fate/Zero Saber Suit ver. She is set for release on Sunday at Winter WonFes, and I read that she's a limited and exclusive figure and that there will only be 500 pieces available. I still hope that I can get a chance to order her. Her price is ¥19000.

No comments:

Post a Comment