Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter Wonfes 2014: Figures That I Want

Winter Wonder Festival 2014 is over! But before I continue with this entry, let us have a few moments of silence for the souls of the wallets of fellow figure collectors who want a lot of figures from the event.


My wallet was on life support for a few hours before we finally pulled the plug.
And now let's proceed. :p

Winter Wonfes was held on February 9, 2014 from 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Wonder Festival is a bi-annual event that is usually held in Chiba, Japan. It aims to sell and display garage kits made by independent sculptors, but it is also a place where figure collectors can find/view upcoming/available figures of their favourite anime, game, mecha, science fiction, and super hero characters made by various manufacturers and companies.

Since Sunday morning, I've been keeping tabs on pictures of figures that have been showcased there. The figure that I wanted to see the most was Good Smile Company Nendoroid Fate/Stay Night Gilgamesh.


Imagine this cutie patootie calling you a "mongrel". (Source: AkibaHobby.Net)
 He comes with a Gate of Babylon and his angry face doesn't look so scary anymore in Nendoroid form!


"B-baka! It's not like I'm showing my treasures to you because I like you or anything!...Seiba no baka! DX" --an inaccurate dialogue
 (Source:  Wonderful Hobby Life For You 19)

Aww you're cuter when you're angry. :p
(Source: earlbox)
I thought Nendoroid Gilgamesh would be the only figure that I'd like to buy from this event, but apparently, I wasn't safe until WonFes 2014 was over. Behold these four other figures that captured my fancy:

Max Factory figma Fate/Stay Night Saber 2.0

There's already a figma Saber, but this is the upgraded version. figma 2.0 figures have newly designed joints. This means better articulation or movement for better poses that look more natural.
If she comes with this pretty base, then  *drool*
(Source: Animate.TV)

A closer look at figma Saber 2.0
(Source: Animate.TV)
Aniplex 1/6 Fate/Zero Saber


Source: earlbox
I have the small version of this figure and it came with a Fate/Zero vol. 3 manga and a set of post cards.  In my opinion, the smaller version doesn't look too great (particularly the face), so I'm glad there's finally a 1/6-scale figure of it.

SH Figuarts Ringu Sadako


I need a creepy figure in my life.
(Source: MyFigureCollection.Net)
Ring is one of my most favorite horror movies. Having a figure of Sadako would be fun. Just imagine the pictures you can take with Sadako scaring your other figures, or how you could probably try to freak out some of your friends and family when you place Sadako in your display cabinet, right behind one of your best figures that are sure to capture anyone's attention. :p

Megahouse Kuroko no Basuke 1/8 Ryouta Kise


Source: Animate.TV
I ignored all the Ryouta Kise prize figures and the Bandai Figuarts ZERO figure of him just for this. I said that if I'm going to have one Ryouta Kise figure in my life, this will be it.


Source: Animate.TV

Source: Animate.TV


Medicom Real Action Heroes Fate/Zero Saber suit ver.


Source: Amiami

This is the most expensive figure that I want from Winter Wonder Festival 2014.   She's a Winter Wonfes 2014 exclusive and there are only 500 pieces available. According to MyFigureCollection.Net, she costs ¥19,000.
She's also the reason why my wallet died today. :p
(Source: MedicomToy.Co.Jp)

And that's it for this post. If you're a figure collector, how much damage did your wallet take from Winter Wonfes 2014? :')

No comments:

Post a Comment