Friday, July 22, 2011

Tea Tree Oil - Best Pimple Remedy

Tea tree oil is one of the best pimple remedies I've ever tried. In fact, I have been using it to treat pimples ever since one of my uncles gave me a small bottle of tea tree oil when he came home from Australia. That was in the early 2000s.

I managed to consume up to 3 bottles of pure tea tree oil. I do not remember the brand anymore, but it had a yellow label on a very dark brown bottle, and there's a tree on it. It performed really well in getting rid of nasty pimples, especially the cystic and pus-filled ones. However, my supply of tea tree oil from Australia eventually ran out, making me rely solely on Panoxyl's Benzoyl Peroxide.

Last December, I had another case of the darn cystic pimple on the chin, which was really an eyesore because it wouldn't go away. Fortunately, while doing one of my many episodes of Christmas shopping in Trinoma, I entered The Body Shop and saw that they carried a line of products that have tea tree oil in them.

I ended up buying these two: 


They're quite pricey but really worth buying if you want a natural pimple remedy that works.
First, you wash your face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash. If you let the suds linger on your face, you'll have that nice cool feeling on your skin, which I liked especially during hot, humid days. After drying your skin, you can put The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil directly on the pimple and let it dry.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

The product claims that it "Lifts pore-clogging impurities and excess oil without over-drying skin. Breakouts are minimized with regular use."

The potent ingredients of The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash include tamaru, lemon tea tree, and Community Trade organic tea tree oil. For the eco-friendly, you'll love that it the ingredients are organically grown at the foot of Mount Kenya, so no harmful pesticides and chemicals were used.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

The product contains 15% Tea Tree Oil, which you apply directly to affected areas. It usually takes at least 3 days before you notice that large pimple shrinking, and even ads/posters on The Body Shop's stores say that. However, based on experience, it can work overnight especially if you applied it on a pimple that is just starting to grow or come out.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil is in a tamper-proof bottle. To open it, you have to press down on the cap and then twist to open. Even the nozzle where the oil comes out requires effort from the user when you are trying to pour or shake the oil onto your finger. Just shake carefully and keep your finger capped on the nozzle while shaking the bottle until oil comes out, so you lessen spills.

But because it is oil, I do not use it during the daytime unless I don't have to leave the house. I never use it before applying makeup. Instead, I use PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide Acnegel. I do use The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil at night whenever I have a pimple or unwanted blemishes, or whenever I sense that a pimple is starting to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment