Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why I Drink Green Tea

If you Google about green tea and its benefits, the search engine will present more than 3.7 million results. You might be thinking that this is yet another article about the benefits of green tea, well you are right. But don't worry, I'll try to make it as fun and as short as possible so you won't be bored.

That icky, bitter taste and why I love it

I learned about green tea when I wrote articles about it for my job. I read things about it and how it can help you lose weight, detoxify your body, and stimulate your nervous system. For most of you who are reading this, the line help you lose weight might have caught your interest already. I could testify that when you drink at least 1 cup of green tea a day, together with proper diet and regular exercise, it does help in shedding off the extra pounds. Because of that, I tend to recommend green tea to my friends or to anyone in general who might be looking for ways to lose weight without resorting to questionable diet pills and crash diets that only work in the short-term.

I recommend Lipton Green Tea, and I suggest not putting sugar, creamer, or milk in it to reduce your caloric intake, so when you drink it, all you can taste is pure green tea goodness. Or not. Unfortunately, not everyone can appreciate the taste of green tea. I couldn't count the number of times I heard some of my friends say, “That bitter and disgusting thing? Ew!”

While it may not appeal to sweet-toothed individuals (which most of my friends are), I still love green tea because its bitter taste helps curb my appetite, so I eat less. Furthermore, it heats up the body and promotes thermogenesis, which contributes to weight loss. Google that for further information on what it is.

It keeps me awake

Green tea also contains less calories than coffee, and it is believed to be a healthier stimulant. Just avoid drinking more than three cups if your tolerance for caffeine is low. I once drank 4 consecutive cups one afternoon, so I experienced slight tremors and the feeling of being high and restless. The feeling made me want to laugh for no reason at all and jump all over the room—in other words, it made me act crazy, like a drugged individual. Not a good idea.

It helps me lose weight and detoxify

Now, some of you out there may fancy drinking Green Tea Latte or any sweetened and more tolerable, non-bitter variants of green tea. While I occasionally enjoy those beverages from Starbucks and The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, I wouldn't recommend that you take them on a regular basis because they have tons of cream, milk, and sugar, which make drinking green tea for weight loss pointless. Don't complain that you're not losing weight at all if you keep taking sweetened green tea. If you really want to experience the true benefits of green tea for yourself, take it in its purest, brewed form, or buy teabags of Lipton Green Tea.

Pure green tea also helps flush out toxins caused by an unhealthy binge. If you indulged on those yummy McDonald's double cheeseburgers, large fries and chicken nuggets or you simply overate, drink your green tea a few hours after your binge fest to get rid of the bloated feeling. Just avoid drinking it at night or you won't be able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment