Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dove Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner

On the way to get Skyflakes crackers, my mother and I saw a shelf full of Dove products in the supermarket. The shampoo and conditioner bottles caught my attention because I did not know that Dove is already making shampoo and conditioner (because we all know the brand is famous for its soap).
Mom told me that the new products are already being advertised on TV. Since I hardly ever watch the local channels anymore, I was not aware about such commercials. Still, out of curiosity, we decided to buy sachets of the shampoo & conditioner so we could try them out ourselves. I picked the Dove Damage Therapy line because I think that's just what my hair needed.


Using Dove shampoo and conditioner
Both the shampoo and conditioner are creamy. Upon squeezing out the shampoo from the sachet, I was surprised how few the contents were despite the sachet looking quite plump. However, it lathers very well. The scent of Dove shampoo also reminded me of the soap. As for the conditioner, I was surprised how much content the sachet has and it was just enough for my somewhat long hair. Like the shampoo, Dove conditioner's scent reminded me of the soap. The conditioner spreads well on the hair, and you have to leave it on for 1 to 3 minutes before rinsing it off.

It has been 3 hours since I washed my hair. The Dove soap scent is still there and my hair still feels soft, smooth, and non-frizzy. So far, I'm giving it a 7.5/10, because I'm not such a fan of the scent.

What it promises
Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair shampoo and conditioner is being marketed as "Advanced care and repair for beautiful hair". To achieve those, it contains patented micro moisture serum and fiber actives. The back label states that fiber actives are proven to reconstruct hair deep inside, while the patented micro moisture serum strengthens and nourishes hair from roots to tip. The result? Hair is straightened and resilient to future damage.

The claims are based on lab tests using Dove Intense Repair System versus Non-Conditioning shampoo after 3 washes; so I guess I have to wait 3 days to find out if Dove can be true to its promise with its shampoo and conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment