Sunday, January 15, 2012

Starbucks Planner: Poplar


I initially bought a Belle de Jour 2012 planner around early December, but I still insisted on collecting stickers to get myself a Starbucks planner. I chose the Poplar design not because it seems to be almost always in stock at all Starbucks branches, but because of the colour, which appealed to me. The name also reminded me of Popura Taneshima, a character from the anime, Working!!. Some fans spell her name as "Poplar", and I guess that's how you translate her name if you'll make it more western-sounding and easier to pronounce especially you are not used to the Japanese pronunciation.
Popura Taneshima. (image from Wagnaria Wiki)

So now you might be thinking what in the world would I be doing with 2 planners? For one thing, the Starbucks planner is more convenient to put inside my bag because it is smaller and lightweight, while the Belle de Jour planner is bigger, bulkier, and heavier, so I leave it at home. Basically, I use the Starbucks 2012 planner as a food journal where I can jot down the food I eat everyday for breakfast, lunch (if I remember or manage to eat lunch), and dinner... and snacks. It also contains ramblings about things that are stressing me out for a particular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment