Sunday, January 15, 2012

Onigiri by Nodasho Japanese Restaurant

I have always wanted to try making and eating onigiri but never had the chance to actually make one, so when I saw it listed on the menu of Nodasho Japanese Restaurant in Little Tokyo during a family lunch on March 2011, I just had to order it. The serving was quite large so it is great for sharing, and it was rather affordable (I guess that couldn't be helped when considering the simple ingredients and the creation process involved). The onigiri we ordered had salted salmon in it and the tasted complemented the seaweed, yet the saltiness of the entire onigiri was just right for my preference.

A single onigiri was enough to make me full, so I guess that's why it's great to bring with you as packed lunch when you're already in a hurry but would like to have a complete and filling meal that is easy to eat especially while on-the-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment