Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 2014 Figures

I wanted to share the first few figures that I got this year, so I thought I'd write about them. Most of them are articulated figures and the rest are prize figures.


I pre-ordered Nendoroid Fate/Extra Saber Extra and Nendoroid Shingeki no Kyojin Colossal Titan with Playset on 2014. Both figures were manufactured by Good Smile Company. Pre-orders for Nendoroid Saber Nero started on July 25, 2013 and I immediately secured a slot for her. Nendoroid Colossal Titan became available for pre-order on July 31, 2013. Shingeki no Kyojin was all the rage back then because of the anime and the Colossal Titan was just so cute in Nendoroid form that I couldn't resist getting one, too. 

Good Smile Company Nendoroid 360 Shingeki no Kyojin Colossus Titan & Attack Playset


This Nendoroid was released on December 16, 2013. I got Nendoroid Colossal Titan on January 11, 2014. If you noticed, the text on the the box reads "Colossus Titan". Not sure if that's the real translation of the titan's name in Japanese, but let's not think that this is a bootleg. If you're wondering if there's already a bootleg Nendoroid of the Colossal Titan, well yes, there is, and bootleg manufacturers released this ahead of the authentic figure. The abomination looks something like this:

No, seriously, don't buy something like this (Image from My Figure Collection).

I saw the actual bootleg figure being sold in three recent anime conventions from December 2013 to January 2014. It's nasty. It looks so fake. You wouldn't want to be laughed at or ridiculed for buying something cheap like that bootleg, so just don't.

Max Factory figma 195 Steins;Gate Kurisu Makise white coat ver.


Pre-orders for this version of Kurisu Makise began on June 12, 2013. At that time, I wasn't ready to get her because I wanted to prioritize Saber and Gilgamesh. She was released on December 12, 2013, and I bought her on January 18, 2014 when she was already in stock in one of my favorite figure stores.

Good Smile Company Nendoroid 358 Fate/Extra Saber Extra


Saber Nero was released on November 26, 2013. I picked her up on January 25, 2014. She's my second articulated figure of Nero (my first one is figma Saber Bride).

Prize figures of Saber

Banpresto DXF Fate/Zero Saber
I didn't intend to buy Banpresto DXF Fate/Zero Saber at first until I realized I needed one because I recently pre-ordered Kiritsugu (and my Banpresto DXF Gilgamesh will be lonely without a Saber that's just his size lol). 

She's really cheap now, so I decided to get her. The figure store didn't have the one without the armor, though I'd love to get that version, too.

Banpresto SQ Saber Lily

At first, I wasn't sure about buying Banpresto SQ Saber Lily because of the derpy-looking face on the box. I also checked out My Figure Collection for pictures taken by those who bought her, and I read comments like her eyes looked dead. When I checked for myself, the eyes didn't look that dead and her face was pretty, not derpy. Or perhaps that's just my POV. Nevertheless, I'm glad she was also cheap and that I finally bought her as an addition to my Saber shrine.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! What a great start for the year! :D I'm really going to try and organize my hauls on a per month basis. I actually tried to do that last year and somehow I lost track of it along the way. :)
    Can't wait to get my grubby hands on Saber Nero, maybe I can let Gilgamesh try her red outfit (he wouldn't like it though, wrong Saber).

    I hope I can still secure a PO slot for Kirei Kotomine because I have to accompany the Kirei Kotomine cosplayer to the seamstress on the day that the PO ends :(

    Thanks for fetching Nero and Junko for me <3
    --Anonymous Nami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take Kirei with you when you PO the Kirei figure. :v [he might want to have one, too :p]

      Delete