Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kichitora of Tokyo: The Place To Go For Real Japanese Ramen

I love ramen. I could probably eat ramen for an entire year without getting sick of it. Unfortunately, it's not everyday that I get to see or eat real ramen (and I mean authentic Japanese ramen) because I don't live in Japan, and local places serving ramen cooked by real Japanese chefs here are quite far from where I live (like the restaurants at Little Tokyo in Makati). Fortunately, Kichitora of Tokyo is a little bit more accessible from my place.





My fiancé and I first dined in this restaurant a week ago when we went to Megamall to pick up some figures I ordered, and while searching for a place to eat lunch, I remembered that there's this ramen place in front of Yabu on the second floor of the Atrium, so we went there. We checked out the menu first and decided that the prices were okay, so we gave it a shot.

I ordered Shoyu Chicken Ramen and my fiancĂ© ordered Paitan Chicken Ramen, and we chose ajitama half-boiled egg as our topping. I think I completely fell in-love with the ramen from Kichitora of Tokyo, so when we were at Megamall again today, I said I wanted to eat there again. Both of us ordered Shoyu Chicken Ramen, but this time, with dried seaweed as our toppings.


Kichitora of Tokyo's Shoyu Chicken Ramen

I could say that Shoyu Chicken Ramen tasted much better this time with the dried seaweed. It was already delicious the first time with ajitama as its topping, but the dried seaweed gave it a more distinctive and flavorful taste, which I loved.

I can remember some of the other ramen dishes from the menu of Kichitora of Tokyo and they include Shio Chicken Ramen, and specialty ramen like Special Miso Chasu Ramen with Ma oil and Special Crab Seafood Ramen. They also serve Tsukemen, a variant where the noodles and soup are served separately. Of course, let's not forget the good selection of toppings for your ramen like chicken chashu (grilled chicken), ajitama (half-boiled egg), bamboo shoots, green vegetables,  pork chashu (grilled pork), dried seaweed, and mixed vegetables. Aside from ramen, Kichitora of Tokyo also offers other goodies on their menu, such as gyoza dumplings, rice bowls, and desserts.

Are you hungry yet? ;)

Bottom line: I highly recommend Kichitora of Tokyo to everyone who loves ramen or Japanese cuisine in particular.

~*~*~
Kichitora of Tokyo is located on the second floor Atrium of SM Megamall Building A in Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines (it's on the same level as Forever 21, Watson's, Yabu, and Mango).
More links:
Kichitora of Tokyo's on Facebook
Kichitora of Tokyo on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment