Friday, January 25, 2013

My Most Anticipated Figures For 2013

I have quite a lot of Nendoroids and scale figures on my figure wishlist, but I only have two highly anticipated figures this year, and they are Megahouse M.M.S. Collection 1/8 Lancer and Megahouse M.M.S. Collection 1/8 Gilgamesh:


Megahouse M.M.S. Collection 1/8 Fate/Zero Lancer

Megahouse M.M.S. Collection 1/8 Fate/Zero Gilgamesh
So far, I've tried my best to curb my compulsive buying (i.e. staying away from more Sabers especially that GSC 1/7 Saber Triumphant Excalibur figure) to prepare myself for these two. Pre-orders for Megahouse M.M.S. Collection 1/8 Fate/Zero Rider and Waver Velvet figures are already available, and they come with hefty price tags. You probably have to be as rich as this guy to be able to afford every Fate/Zero figure in that M.M.S. Collection line:


And this is exactly how I feel every time I see a Fate/Zero figure that I like
I already have Lancer's prize figure by Banpresto from its DXF line, and I could say that Megahouse's figure is more detailed. This is my Banpresto DXF Fate/Zero Lancer:


It lacks the scrumptious abs but it kinda has a cute butt
Megahouse Lancer's face is also more pronounced and attractive than the prize figure, so if you don't mind not having Banpresto DXF Lancer, then I suggest waiting for the Megahouse version.

I just have one concern about Megahouse's Fate/Zero figures: the poses are quite boring. I'm sure other avid figure collectors and Fate/Zero fans also noticed this, too. Perhaps it's understandable if it's Gilgamesh, because let's face it, he just stands there in all his arrogant glory, makes weapons rain down from his Gate of Babylon, and he kind of lacks exciting fight scenes, but I was hoping for more dynamic or action-type pose for Lancer, because he looks more awesome when he's in action.

Still, I'm willing to go "shut-up and take my money!" on these two.

You can learn more about Megahouse M.M.S. 1/8 Fate/Zero Lancer and Megahouse M.M.S. 1/8 Fate/Zero Gilgamesh here and here.

~*~*~
The pictures of Megahouse Gilgamesh and Lancer figures in this post are not mine. They are from MyFigureCollection.net. Kindly click these links to see more:
Lancer

Gilgamesh

No comments:

Post a Comment